From: Lars Marius Garshol [mailto:larsga@ontopia.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 8:39 AM
To: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Subject: Interpretation issue regarding PI nodes

I'm uncertain how PI nodes which are not included in the input node
set should be processed. As far as I understand the specification,
given the document

and a node set containing only the <a> element, the output of
canonicalization will be

  <a>Hey</a>

which is fine.

However, given the document

and the same node set (still only the <a> node), what is the output?

Is it

  <a>Hey </a>

or

  <a>Hey <?a pi?></a>

Whether this merits an erratum I don't know, but I would certainly
appreciate knowing the answer. :)