Re: QUESTION ABOUT PKCS#7 AND XMLDSIG

Hi Jacques,

from what I see, the document you cite is from July 1997. I don't know what
Mr. Kaliski and Mr. Kingdon want to express by saying "basis".

(1) XML Signature relies on X.509 certificates for representing --well--
X.509 certificates.

(2) It does *not* use PKCS#7 as message syntax format.

(3) If you look at <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/#ref-PKCS1>, it cites
PKCS#1 as XML Signature uses RSA, but that's all.

Kind regards,
Christian

--On Montag, 24. Februar 2003 11:28 +0100 DEMERJIAN <demerjia@enst.fr>