Re: XML signature with different parent namespace

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:31:15 -0400
To: "Silar Martin, Ing." <Silar@asd-software.cz>, "'w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org'" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

On Friday 13 September 2002 07:41 am, Silar Martin, Ing. wrote:
>   For example:
>      <a:root xmlns:a="some.namespace">
> 	<element xmlns="default.namespace" Id="signedElement">
> 	</element>
>      </a:root>
>
>   Question is when I must use namespace from ancestor elements for
> canonicalization signed element.

I'm not sure I understand the question. However, if you use Canonicalization
the <element> will contain a declaration for the namespace associated with
the "a" prefix. If you use Exclusive Canonicalization, given that the
<element> doesn't utilize that prefix, and assuming none of its children
do, then the declaration will not appear.