Re: XPath 2.0 filter enchancement

From: Aleksey Sanin <aleksey@aleksey.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 09:34:08 -0700
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

Hi, Joseph!

I found that using XPointers instead of XPath in case of XMLSec/LibXML
gives
about 10% validation time decrease for the sign-xfdl.xml file from the
XPath 2 filter
interop tests suite. So I thought that it'll be interesting to include
this functionality
into the spec. However, you gave a very good reason why this is a bad
idea right now.
May be it would be interesting to do it when new XPointer spec is ready.

With best regards,
Aleksey