Re: minimal canonicalization

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:30:56 -0400
To: Carl Ellison <cme@jf.intel.com>
CC: "XML Signature (W3C/IETF)" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

It is sad that there are five C14N algorithms (minimal, c14n c14n
w/comments, excl, excl w/comments).  Judging by experience with multiple
hashing algorithms, this will lead to interoperability hassles.

My suggestion is actually to deprecate c14n in favor of excl.

You're totally right about the wording error; it should say that "We
RECOMMEND that applications that need to communicate with resource
constrained applications use minimal c14n."
	/r$