RE: Comments on 22 June Version...

From: Dournaee, Blake <bdournaee@rsasecurity.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 23:40:51 -0700
To: "'Donald E. Eastlake 3rd'" <dee3@torque.pothole.com>
Cc: "'Joseph M. Reagle Jr.'" <reagle@w3.org>, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Hello All,

In section 4.3.3.2, I would like to clarify something. Consider the
following sentence (first bullet after XPath "box"):

"If the data object is an octet stream and the next transform requires a
node-set, the signature application MUST attempt to parse the octets."

Is the "parsing the octets" a well-defined operation? I am assuming this
implies that one must convert the octets into a node-set. Is this correct?
Can this be stated instead?

Kind Regards,

Blake Dournaee
Toolkit Applications Engineer
RSA Security

"The only thing I know is that I know nothing" - Socrates