RE: DSAKeyValue text

Blake,

If the sender is already authenticated, then you don't need the
certificate for authentication. However, that is not sufficient to
gurantee integrity of the document. What is to prevent somebody from
changing the document, generating a new signature with his own private
key and replacing the public key in the document?

If your implementation supports using public keys without certificates,
then you have an insecure product.

-Saroop