KeyInfo type URIs

From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:40:44 +0100
To: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

Hi,

We use the URI &dsig;dsa-sha1 to identify the DSA signature
algorithm; similarly, &dsig;rsa-sha1 to identify RSA with
SHA-1. I don't believe that we should use these same URIs
to identify the actual public key encoding. The hash
algorithm is unrelated to the key encoding. I would suggest
that, for the purposes of RetrievalMethod, we use the URIs:

  http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#dsa
  http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa

In particular, bear in mind that additional documents will
be produced that define rsa-md5, etc. at which point key
encoding URIs will become confused if they are not clarified
here.

merlin

In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time to
promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
appearance at trade shows and conferences.

computer viruses.
   http://www.baltimore.com