Re: Prepping Next Version of Signature Spec

Hi Donald,

What guidelines are used to measure significance? Current
interop examples exercise KeyValue and X509Data, but none
of the other key info types. Is that important? It seems
that RetrievalMethod is possibly the most complex of them;
does it rise above insignificance?

On the m5l C14N front, the algorithm seems relatively
unpopular with current implementers. I know that we will
not be implementing it in the near future, so will not be
able to participate in any necessary interop.

Merlin

r/dee3@torque.pothole.com/2001.04.05/22:11:25

>In order to go to Draft Standard, the IETF requires there be two
>indepenent interoperable implementations of each significant
>option/feature.  As far as I can tell, there are none for Minimal
>Canonicalization.  Unless a couple pop up in the next few days, say by
>next Tuesday, I suggest that it be dropped from the specification.
>
>Thanks,
>Donald
>
>From:  "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
>Date:  Wed, 04 Apr 2001 12:23:44 -0400
>To:  "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
>
>>Oh, two other things to note, in the first CR we asked for feedback on the
>>use of XPath terminology, and whether minC14N should be downgraded to
>>optional. We didn't have any feedback on either, so I expect we should leave
>>them as is.
>>__
>>Joseph Reagle Jr.                 http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/
>>W3C Policy Analyst                mailto:reagle@w3.org
>>IETF/W3C XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://www.w3.org/Signature
>>W3C XML Encryption Chair          http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/

In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time to
promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
appearance at trade shows and conferences.

computer viruses.
   http://www.baltimore.com