RE: XSL Transform

At 16:28 7/26/2000 +0000, Ed Simon wrote:
>Ed responds:
>If we can enforce, to a reasonable degree, that XSLT <Transform>s indeed
>have
>a <stylesheet> root element, then I think the derived benefits of
>interoperability more than outweigh the cost of two or three more lines in
>the schema.  (It would certainly be nice is XSLT did provide a schema and
>I hope they do in their next Recommendation version.)

Hi Ed, just cleaning the last spider webs of my issues list as we prepare to
request advancement. As Henry never responded with respect to using schema
to limit the specification of <any> to a specific root element (transforms)
I expect to advance with the following (recommending using prose; I'm
hestitant to specify mandataory schema requirements in anything but schema)
unless you have a counter-proposal:

4.3.3.4 The Transforms Element
    <element name='Transform'>
      <complexType content='elementOnly'>
        <choice minOccurs='1' maxOccurs='unbounded'>
          <any namespace='##other' processContents='lax' minOccurs='0'
               maxOccurs='unbounded'/>
          <element name='XSLT' type='string'/>
          <!-- should be an xsl:stylesheet element -->

6.6.5 XSLT Transform
         Identifier:
         http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xslt-19991116

The normative specification for XSL Transformations is [XSLT]. The XSL
stylesheet or transform to be evaluated appears as the character content of
a transform parameter child element named XSLT. The root element of a XSLT
stylesheet SHOULD be <xsl:stylesheet>.

__