Re: minor naming point (why full names are important for archiv in g)

David Megginson wrote:

> Philipp Hoschka writes:
>
>  > FWIW, it turns out that using hyphens does not work very well
>  > when you want to specify a DOM for your language
>
> Really?  I'd be grateful for more details.  As far as I know, all
> programming languages with DOM support treat XML names in the DOM as
> quoted strings, so the hyphen should make no difference at all.

true if all you want is the generic XML DOM, in which case you don't
really need to "define a DOM for your language" - you get this for free

not true if you want a language-specific DOM, in which case the
XML attributes become identifiers in whatever programming language
you want to use for the DOM

you may want to dispute the need for the latter, but the SYMM WG
felt that this would be needed, especially since it makes
manipulating attribute values simpler in Ecmascript (java seems
to be less of a problem)