RE: Minutes from Today's Call Please Review/Correct

At 11:15 99.08.20 -0700, John Boyer wrote:
 >Although putting an exclusion list in the canonicalizer element is an
 >interesting idea, it is certainly not the only place to put it.  I sent a
 >write-up to Joseph with several alternatives, which he said would soon be
 >added as a comment to requirement 3.1.3.

Will be published today, the following links to both of your emails.

        Comment: A related requirement under consideration is that of being
able to
        indicate those portions of a document one signs via exclusion of
those portions
        one does not wish to sign. This allows one to create signatures that
have
        document closure, retain ancestor information when necessary, and
retain
        element order of non-continuous regions that must be signed.We look
appreciate
        feedback on options of meeting this requirement including a special
<c14n:exclude>
        element, an exclude list accompanying the resource locator, a change
in the
        fragment or XPointer specification that would yield this
functionality. See
        List(Boyer(1,2)) for further discussion of this issue.

        [1] http://www.w3.org/1999/08/xmldsig-requirements-990820.html

XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://w3.org/People/Reagle/