Re: If header field and conditional precedence

Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2012-12-23 22:00, Ken Murchison wrote:
>> Happy Holidays to All!
>

> I would recommend that you re-send to the HTTP mailing list. Are new
> conditional headers an extension point that needs to be described
> specifically? It seems that a specification that registers a new
> conditional header needs needs to define how it interacts with the
> others; and thus we probably should add this to the "considerations for
> new header fields" part...

Hi Julian,

HTTPbis, part 4 already has text stating that extensions need to define
how additional conditional headers are expected to play with others,
which is why I brought my question to the WebDAV list.  I can certainly
take it to the HTTPbis list of you still feel that is the best place.

   "Any extension to HTTP/1.1 that defines additional conditional request
    header fields ought to define its own expectations regarding the
    order for evaluating such fields in relation to those defined in this
    document and other conditionals that might be found in practice."

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer