Re: About COPY Overwrite:T Depth:0

On 2011-12-18 18:58, Julian Reschke wrote:

>  On 2011-12-18 22:11, Werner Baumann wrote:
> > Copy with Depth: 0 is one of the fancy ideas of RFC 4918 that was never
> > seriously defined, just as Collection is mostly undefined.
>
>  The spec says:
>
>  "A COPY of "Depth: 0" only instructs that the collection and its
> properties, but not resources identified by its internal member URLs, are to
> be copied."
>
>  The problem I can see is that if you read this literally, you'd copy the
> bindings to the member resources, which is unlikely to be intended. Sounds
> like an erratum to me.
>
>  Do you see other problems?

It follows that the requirement in Section 9.8.4 does not hold if Depth is 0:
"when a collection is overwritten, the membership of the destination
collection after the successful COPY request MUST be the same membership as
the source collection immediately before the COPY."

I agree it looks like an erratum.

Best Regards

Javier