Re: WebDAV sync report w/invalid sync token

Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> --On November 15, 2011 8:32:39 AM -0500 Ken Murchison
> <murch@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
>> What is the proper response code for a sync-collection report if the
>> sync-token is either invalid or out of date?  The I-D doesn't seem to
>> specify, so looking at RFC 3253 section 1.6 it appears that 403 and 409
>> are the two options for a precondition failure, with 409 presumably being
>> the correct choice in this case.  Am I missing something?
>
> I prefer to return 403's for all errors that involve pre-conditions and
> that contain the DAV:error element.

Thanks Cyrus.

I can see the logic there.  So we want to tell the client to not repeat
the request with the same sync-token as opposed to telling it that the
request may work as-is once some other unspecified conflict is resolved.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer