Re: 304 or 412 for If-Modified-Since?

Hi Elias,

--On July 1, 2010 6:53:08 PM +1000 Elias Sinderson <elias@cse.ucsc.edu>
wrote:

>> It would probably be a good idea to look at the problem that needs to
>> be solved first. Maybe defining a related resource that aggregates all
>> this hierarchy state (and which as a proper ETag) is all that's needed.
> Possibly -- do you think such a resource could be generated more cheaply
> than maintaining hierarchies of [E/C]Tags? I think this depends largely
> on the implementation details of a given server architecture.

So the WebDAV collection Sync REPORT is meant to take over the role of a
ctag and provide a true "what changed" synchronization capability. Please
review past messages on this mailing list.

The one open issue on that REPORT (that I need to follow up on) is whether
a true Depth:infinity capability should be added to the current Depth:1
behavior.

--
Cyrus Daboo