Re: DAV:privilege element - multiple child elements?

On 09.06.2010 12:06, Weber, Heiko wrote:
> If we allow user defined elements, why do we then want to limit it to be
> an element without attributes and sub elements though?

In general, it depends on the context. For instance, DAV:property can be
just a name (in the PROPFIND request), or contain stuff (in PROPPATCH,
and the PROPFIND result).

> If all we are interested in is the QName of the element it would make
> much more sense to simply put an attribute into the DAV:privilege
> element containing the QName of the privilege. Ok, that was modeled
> differently historically, so possibly we just have to live with that.

WebDAV mostly avoids attributes, and furthermore processing QNames in
content is very easy to get wrong; thus sticking with elements IMHO was
the right design decision.

Best regards, Julian