Re: Comments on Action:draft-brown-versioning-link-relations-03

Sam Johnston wrote:
> Julian et al,
>
> It's probably worth taking a look at
> draft-johnston-addressing-link-relations
> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-johnston-addressing-link-relations-00>
> as well as it defines both "current" and "latest" as well as
> "canonical", "immutable", "mirror", "permalink" and my favourite,
> "shortlink". This has been adopted by Wordpress, Drupal & others with a
> view to bringing an end to third-party URL shortening services (the rust
> of the Internet).
>
> While I support link relations for versioning, I'd prefer to see
> relations for generic addressing requirements consolidated in one draft.
>
> Sam

Hi Sam,

I'm not convinced that throwing everything into a single document will
be helpful; draft-brown-versioning-link-relations tries to focus on a
small set of things, and, as Jan's feedback shows, it's non-trivial to
get even those things right.

Do you have any *specific* comments with respect to the relations that
it proposes?

Best regards, Julian