Re: allow use of multipart/form-data in draft-reschke-webdav-post

Arnaud Quillaud wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Late comment on draft-reschke-webdav-post:
>
> Browser based applications are not allowed to upload files from the
> client filesystem by any mean other than using an HTML form containing
> a file param and an enctype of multipart/form-data. As a consequence,
> those applications have no way to upload local files to a WebDAV
> repository using PUT (my knowledge of browser based technologies is
> rather limited but I have found at least a few references to this
> limitation).
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reschke-webdav-post could partially
> solve this issue by simply allowing a multipart/form-data containing a
> single subpart to be POSTed.

It could. However I'm not entirely happe with special casing a single mime type.

An alternative would be to define a *second* URI that would accept POST requests from HTML forms.

> Modifying a resource by uploading it again would still not be possible > of course but that can be somehow workarounded.

Orthogonal problem...

Best regards, Julian

--
DSL-Preisknaller: DSL Komplettpakete schon für 16,99 Euro mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02