allprop behaviour, was: [VCARDDAV] vcarddav WGLC on draft-ietf-vcarddav-{carddav,mkcol}

Marc Blanchet wrote:
> Hi,
>  This is the working group last call for the following two documents:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav-05
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-webdav-mkcol-03
>
> Please provide any comments to the wg mailing list
> (mailto:vcarddav@ietf.org) by March 9th 2009, 23h00 GMT.
>
> Regards,
>  Marc and Kurt, vcarddav wg chairs

Hi,

apologies for the late feedback.

I've been going through draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav-06, and have quite a
few comments which I'll raise in separate emails (trying to collect
things that belong together into single mails).

The first one is a generic comment about the properties defined in
Section 6.2
(<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav-06#section-6.2>).

For each property, it states:

    allprop behavior:  SHOULD be returned by a PROPFIND DAV:allprop
       request.

This deviates from how every single other WebDAV extension (including
CalDAV) has been defined. Why?

Proposal: change this to "SHOULD NOT", and also state it just once and
for all in the introduction to Section 6.2.

Best regards, Julian