Re: XMLHttpRequest in IE7 with REPORT method

Hi Julian,

--On May 14, 2009 7:15:17 PM +0200 Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:

>> Has anyone tried using XMLHttpRequest in IE7 to do WebDAV operations?
>> Specifically we are finding that the REPORT method seems to fail on the
>> .open() call (same thing for CalDAV's MKCALENDAR). PROPFIND works fine.
>> Any ideas on whether REPORT can be made to work?
>
> Only by falling back to the ActiveX variant of XmlHttpRequest.
>
> This issue has been reported to Microsoft something long ago (see thread
> around
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/0352.html>
> ), but first they claimed it was "by design", and then it was too late to
> change, even for IE8.
>
> BTW: don't try to do this with Opera, it will silently change the method
> name to GET.

Has any effort gone into defining a standard for tunneling unsupported HTTP
methods over, say, POST? That's what we will end up doing if there is no
solution on the browser side - but then our webapp won't work with other
servers unless they support POST-tunneling too.

--
Cyrus Daboo