Re: somewhat off topic: managing Win32 limits in WebDAV

I need to join the other list.

I am dealing with a server side limitation. Our set up is Apache 2.2 on
Windows XP Pro for the moment. We wrote our own client and the URL limit is
10,000,000. Probably excessive but there you go.

In our tests, Apache reports a 403 error but that appears to be misleading.
Further testing reveals a "magic" limit where URI's between 249 and 260
characters in length fail on the MKCOL command.

So our supposition is the ever-popular MAX_PATH constraint. Of course, that
may not be the issue and we open to new info.

thanks for the reply,

 - Mark