Re: Relationship between BIND and RFC 3253

> The semantics that let you use VERSION-CONTROL to "restore" any
> resource from its version-history are defined in section 6.7.

This is part of the workspace feature, which is optional. Shouldn't
this be
part of the general VERSION-CONTROL semantics? I don't think you need
the
workspace feature for this behaviour.

> Section 14.8 is just the extended semantics of VERSION-CONTROL when
> restoring version-controlled-collections.
>
> You cannot use BIND to "restore" a version history, because the
> child of a version-controlled-folder is a version-controlled-
> resource, not a version-history, whereas BIND is defined to make the
> specified resource a child of the specified collection.

I have not suggested that the version history become the child of a
version-controlled folder. The request URI of the BIND would be the
child
and from the resource-id the version history would be inferred.

> Cheers,
> Geoff

Werner.