Re: How to handle PROPFIND request with empty <prop> element?

Simon Perreault wrote:
> On Friday 28 March 2008 15:03:32 Julian Reschke wrote:
>> It's invalid, as <prop> should contain a child element specifying the
>> property.
>
> Did you find any text supporting that? Here's the DTD excerpt:
>
>    <!ELEMENT prop ANY >
>
> The XML spec isn't very clear on whether ANY may match an empty tag or not. I
> couldn't find out for sure, but I would expect that it may.

No, the DTD can't express the constraint.

But consider:

"Request particular property values, by naming the properties desired
within the 'prop' element (the ordering of properties in here MAY be
ignored by the server)," --
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc4918.html#rfc.section.9.1>

and

"Contains properties related to a resource." --
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc4918.html#rfc.section.14.18>

I'm pretty sure that there's code out there that will fail if <prop> is
empty.

BR, Julian