Re: multiget reports Re: Thoughts on relation to WebDAV

On 28.05.2008, at 12:05, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Helge Hess wrote:
>> Could you elaborate? An MGET capable cache could still disassemble
>> the MGET and serve the individual resources from its cache (which
>> is in fact why I would prefer a real MGET instead of a REPORT). It
>> would really just be a nested request.
> OK, that would work, but will be tricky to deploy. *Existing* caches
> will not know how to do it.

Si. But they don't know how to deal with MKCOL or REPORT either, so I
think thats not really relevant to my question :-)
Point is: MGET method would be cachable according to the rules which
apply to the embedded requests.

So, does it make sense to do a 'mget-ext' proposal? What about caldav/
carddav vendors, would you implement it? Cyrus?

Maybe this should actually be a 'BATCH' method, not an 'MGET' (GET
specific).

---snip:rq---
BATCH /calendar HTTP/1.1
content-type: x-http/batch-rq
content-len: xyz
accept-encoding: gzip

GET /calendar/123.ics
accept: text/calendar; charset-utf-8
if-none-match: "myetag"
content-length: 0

GET 345.ics # allow relative URLs? would be nice
accept: text/calendar; charset-utf-8
if-none-match: "myetag"
content-length: 0

POST /calendar HTTP/1.0
content-type: text/calendar; charset=utf-8
content-length: uujk

BEGIN:VCALENDAR