Re: multiget reports Re: Thoughts on relation to WebDAV

I agree that most of the general bandwidth goes to YouTube, but
caches take off load from origin servers. Anyway, if caches have
become less relevant than a multiget doesn't represent much gain
either. The only overhead on a persistent connection is a few request
and response headers.

A multiget is a simple client-side aggregation. You can obtain the
complete tree with one request and then perform individual gets.
I do this for synchronisation purposes and the performance is just
fine.

Werner.

--
Werner Donné  --  Re                                     http://www.pincette.biz