Re: Thoughts on relation to WebDAV

fre 2008-05-23 klockan 09:50 -0400 skrev Simon Perreault:
> On Friday 23 May 2008 09:36:46 Henrik Holst wrote:
> > There is no MUST in RFC4918 for the MKCOL Method so class 1 does not
> > include MKCOL as far as I can see.
>
> Is it intentional? I mean, RFC2518 says "All DAV compliant resources MUST
> support the MKCOL method." And advertising class 3 would not imply support
> for MKCOL, if I read the definition of class 3 correctly.

Well that is interesting, class 1 would thus be slightly redefined in
4918 and supporting class 3 tells the client that your server follows
this redefinition I guess.

Hopefully we can get some info from the people involved with 4918 how
the ideas where when MKCOL was changed from MUST.

/Henrik Holst