RE: New draft: draft-daboo-webdav-mkcol-00.txt

> With PUT we would need a way to make sure that the recipient does
understand the new MIME> type we defined.

> Instead of overloading PUT, using a body+metadata MIME type with PATCH
might work better.

For the above to work in the use cases we'd care about, you'd also need
to be able to ensure that the PUT and PATCH are transactional
(all-or-nothing); probably not a road we want to go down right now.
However, if you introduced a MKRESOURCE (or some such method), that was
able to create something like a lock-null resource, *and* apply all the
meta-data, all in one shot, and then perform the PUT against it later, I
think that would fit the bill.

-John