Re: AW: AW: Standardizing Batch methods?

markus.litz@dlr.de wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>

> so this is indeed a unsolved problem. I was wondering if someone already started with writing a proposal for either batch calls or transactions. Was there a discussion on which a preference became clear?
> The best may be if I start with reading the microsoft batch & transaction definitions, and than we consider to start working on a draft.
>
> Ideas?
> Markus

I would say working on a draft can be useful, but what's even more
important is to find people willing to implement it. Just writing a
draft is unlikely to make implementations happen (even RFC4918 IMHO so
far has a *single* implementation...).

So I'd urge you to first understand what the problems with the Microsoft
implementations are, and then to check whether the advanced features
defined in RFC3253 do not already do what you're looking for (at least
with respect to transactions).

Best regards, Julian