Re: IETF Last Call review: changes suggested

Here's what I've drafted up as possible guidance for clients dealing
with both RFC2518 and RFC2518bis servers:

       A WebDAV client implemented to this specification might find
servers that
       create lock-null resources (implemented before this
specification using
       RFC2518) as well as servers that create locked empty
resources.  The response
       to the LOCK request will not indicate what type of resource
was created.
       There are a few techniques which help the client deal with
either type.

       If the client wishes to avoid accidentally creating either
lock-null or empty locked
         resources, an "If-Match: *" header can be included with LOCK
requests to prevent the server from
         creating a new resource.

      If a LOCK request creates a resource and the client
subsequently wants to
          overwrite that resource using a COPY or MOVE request, the
client should
         include an "Overwrite: T" header.

       If a LOCK request creates a resource and the client then
decides to get rid
         of that resource, a DELETE request is supposed to fail on a
lock-null resource and
         UNLOCK should be used instead. But with a locked empty
resource, UNLOCK doesn't
         make the resource disappear.  Therefore, the client might
have to try both requests
         and ignore an error in one of the two requests.

Concrete suggestions for improving this would be welcome.

thx,
Lisa