Re: [ACL] RFC 3744: Modifying ACEs

Apple's .Mac WebDAV server does something very similar.  However,
protected ACEs are always protected and cannot be overridden by user
ACEs.  We have a "third" class of ACEs that are inherited, but not
protected.  While a client can see the effect due to ordering, there
is no way to distinguish these ACEs without non-standard query
extensions.

-Jake

JS "Jake" Baumgarten
Manager, iDisk Engineering