Re: Recognizing a WebDAV enabled client

Michael Wechner schrieb:

>> Are there any specific incompatibility issues you are aware of ?
> no, but I could imagine there will be if there will be more than one
> version of WebDAV and so I think it should
> me mandatory for clients to send the DAV header.

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense.

In RFC2518, the DAV header is defined as a response header. Usage as
request header is undefined.

In RFC2518bis, the spec allows other extensions to use the DAV header as
a request header. But even in this case, this is only allowed if the
spec clearly defines what it means for a specific compliance code to be
sent, such as in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-14.html#rfc.section.8.2>.

Sending it for anything else simply does not make any sense (at this
point of time).

Best regards, Julian