Re: [Ietf-caldav] Re: CalDAV draft Informal Last-Call

I thought it would be worthwhile to update everybody on the
changes we are planning to make in draft -11 based on the
issues that have been brought up so far:

- Added new preconditions:
    * CALDAV:number-of-recurrences-within-limits for PUT;
    * CALDAV:calendar-collection-location-ok for MOVE and COPY.
- Redefined the CALDAV:no-uid-conflict precondition.
- Minor editorial changes.
- Update to references.
- Added element CALDAV:is-not-defined.
- Added new attribute "negate-condition" to the
   CALDAV:text-match element.

The last two changes were required to be able to query the to-dos
that are *not* completed and *not* cancelled. The issue is that
the CALDAV:calendar-query REPORT does not provide support for a
"not" operator. To be able to address the above use case without
increasing the complexity of the CALDAV:calendar-query REPORT
significantly we have decided to add a new condition "is-not-defined"
and to add a "negate-condition" attribute to be able to negate the
"text-match" condition.

Here's the DTD declarations that will be added to the draft:

   <!ELEMENT is-not-defined EMPTY>

   <!ATTLIST text-match negate-condition (yes | no) #IMPLIED "no">

Here's an example for the to-dos use case:

    REPORT /bernard/work/ HTTP/1.1
    Host: cal.example.com
    Depth: 1

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <C:calendar-query xmlns:C="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">
      <D:prop xmlns:D="DAV:">
        <D:getetag/>
        <C:calendar-data/>
      </D:prop>
      <C:filter>
        <C:comp-filter name="VCALENDAR">
          <C:comp-filter name="VTODO">
            <C:prop-filter name="COMPLETED">
              <C:is-not-defined/>
            </C:prop-filter>
            <C:prop-filter name="STATUS">
              <C:text-match
                 negate-condition="yes">CANCELLED</c:text-match>
            </C:prop-filter>
          </C:comp-filter>
        </C:comp-filter>
      </C:filter>
    </C:calendar-query>

Please continue to send us feedback/questions/comments.

Thanks,
Bernard