Re: rfc2518bis-14: COPY/MOVE semantics

John Barone wrote:
> So, what is the change in semantics that you don't agree with, and what
> changes in language are you proposing to correct it?

I'm not objecting to a change in semantics.

What I see is a discrepancy between both specs' requirements on dead
property support (SHOULD), and support for copying dead properties (MUST).

If resource /a supports dead properties, and /b doesn't, then a COPY
request from /a to /b "MUST" fail, which IMHO isn't a useful
requirement. A resource should still be able to act as a destination for
COPY, even if it doesn't support dead properties.

So the proposed change is to relax the requirement to SHOULD.

Does this make things clearer?

Best regards, Julian