Re: Possible problem in collection definition

On Saturday, 02/18/2006 at 08:27 MST, Geoffrey M Clemm/Lexington/IBM@IBMUS
wrote:
> I think the following addition would solve the problem.  Following
> the paragraph quoted below, add the paragraph:
>
>   An exception to this rule occurs if the server performs "case-folding"

>   on the URL segments, e.g. considers the segment "AB" to be equivalent
>   to the segements "Ab", "aB", and "ab".  In this case, A MUST contain
>   a mapping to B from one of the segments that are equivalent to
"SEGMENT".

That's good, but I think Jullian also included another example that wasn't
case folding.  It was the case of what Windows does with filenames with no
extention.  It accepts either      george   or  george.   (note the
trailing dot) as the same file.   I assume there are other cases that we
haven't thought of.  We probably need to make the wording a bit more
generic, but we could use case-folding as an example.

J.