Re: Recognizing a WebDAV enabled client

Manfred Baedke wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
>> Also the server might want to deliver a different response, e.g. if
>> the GET request is being issued from a regular Web-Browser,
>> then the server might respond with a common (X)HTML, but if the GET
>> request is being issued from Cadaver or OpenOffice then
>> the server might respond with an ODT file.
>
> What about the Accept header?

makes sense, whereas I need to check what OpenOffice for instance is
actually sending, but see my other usecase re
custom authentication.

>> because the server might be able to handle different versions of
>> WebDAV. I think this makes sense
>> for backward and forward compatibility reasons.
>
> Are there any specific incompatibility issues you are aware of ?
no, but I could imagine there will be if there will be more than one
version of WebDAV and so I think it should
me mandatory for clients to send the DAV header.

Cheers

Michi

--
Michael Wechner