Re: Question about XML parsing or validating errors

Weber, Heiko wrote:
> I’m sure this has already been discussed on this list before, but
> somehow I could not find anything right away about it.
>

> Many WebDAV requests require XML in the body for input. Besides the
> values of the input being incorrect, there might also be more
> fundamental problems when the input is either not well-formed or does
> not validate against the schemas describing the input format. How should
> a WebDAV server respond in the case of such a fundamental error? Is
> there some DAV:error description for that scenario, or should the server
> just respond with a 400 or a 422?

Looking at <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2518.html#STATUS_422>,
422 seems to be wrong; so you probably should use just 400. There's no
DAV:error code for this condition (yet) -- our server sends a custom
code for parsing errors.

Best regards, Julian