Re: WGLC draft-ietf-webdav-bind-11

Cullen Jennings wrote:

> I would like to start working group last call on
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-11.txt
>
> This WGCL will end on July 4th so please have your comments emailed to this
> list before then.
>
> Thank you, Cullen

Being one of the authors, it won't surprise anybody that I do not have
any issues with the current draft.

For the sake of completeness, I'l like to point to one issue where there
seems to be an unresolved controversy.

The question is: can the BIND spec make any requirements on the
behaviour of live properties it doesn't define itself?

After long discussion (and important contributions from Roy Fielding who
stepped in when we went the wrong way), the answer is "no". Furthermore
it turns out that the problem of describing live property behaviour for
multiple URIs mapped to the same resource is related to the issue how
these properties behave under namespace operations (such as MOVE). Thus,
one could argue, makes it a RFC2518bis issue instead.

I wrote a summary in
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2005AprJun/0001.html>
(which in turn links to
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-namespace-vs-properties-latest.html>).
If people feel that the spec indeed should say anything at all about
this topic, they should re-read the discussion now.

Best regards,

Julian