Re: WGLC draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-12

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> The main flaw in the REDIRECT proposal is that there is not enough in
> the way of plans to implement it.  Without a set of independent
> implementors around to review it, I fear it's too complex or has missed
> key interoperability issues.

Forgot to mention: actually it *adresses* interoperability issues,
because redirect-type resources already exist on the Web, but RFC2518
fails to describe how to handle them (at least) in PROPFIND responses.

Authorability may not be as important, but discovery certainly is.
Today, Apache/moddav just hides redirects from WebDAV clients. I think
this is a problem that needs to be solved.

Best regards, Julian