Re: WG process (was Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-quota-07.txt)

Were a new working group to be formed to work on WebDAV extensions, I
personally wouldn't be making proposals for what to do with that stuff.
  What would matter would be what the new WG decided was most important
to work on, and if that had overlap with pre-existing work, then
whether to work from pre-existing drafts.  If the bind, redirect and
search features turn out to be important enough to garner sufficient
support, then I expect those supporters would very likely want to work
from the existing drafts and implementations.  Progress might then be
very quick (again assuming sufficient support).

I'm still working with Ted to see if the current WG can be kept open
and working, but if there's more support to shut down the WG than there
is to keep it open, that would be good to know sooner rather than later
-- it isn't too late for somebody to plan a BOF for Paris.

Lisa