Re: D:href as a property?

On Sep 29, 2004, at 16:12, Julian Reschke wrote:
> It could be, but as no standards-track spec defines it, and it resides
> in the DAV: namespace, it's invalid.

Just out of interest: Is it stated somewhere in the spec that DAV:
namespace'd properties are considered private?
(again, of course this makes sense, but was not aware of this strict
limitation)

>> I guess this one is pretty clear, the response/href element is not a
>> property and therefore doesn't clash with the prop/href XML element.
>> The thing I miss in the spec is a statement that only direct <prop>
>> children are considered properties in a <response> payload.
> Why would that need to be stated?

Because there doesn't seem to be an explicit explanation what a
"property" wrt to the spec is. I had several discussions with
developers which would suggest that "D:href" as used outside the <prop>
element is also a "property" and I didn't find a proof or exact
specification in the standard to answer that.
While it is somewhat obvious for me, it doesn't seem to be so for
others.

> Hope this helps,

Yes, thanks a lot!

Greets,