Re: Request for feedback: WebDAV property datatype draft

Yves Lafon wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>> Yves Lafon wrote:
>>
>>> Btw, you should see what has been done in SOAP Version 1.2
>>> (see http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#soapenc ),
>>> which is a REC and not a Note.
>>> Thanks,
>>

>> I did a long time ago and couldn't find any description of array types
>> anymore. Did I miss something?
>

> Yes, there are at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#complexenc
> point 4 is about arrays, then you have
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#itemtypeattr
> and
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#arraySizeattr
> (along with a clarification in the errata
> http://www.w3.org/2003/06/REC-soap12-20030624-errata.html#E29 )

Oh, interesting.

IMHO we should thus eliminate the SOAP11-based example from the spec
(see
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-property-datatypes-latest.html#rfc.issue.a_remove_array_example>).
I'm not so convinced that we should add a SOAP12 based example instead
(for the simple reason that this wouldn't represent running code at
Xythos and SAP anymore).

Best regards, Julian