Re: quota-03 spec review, was: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-quota-03.txt

On Sep 2, 2004, at 1:21 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> For instance, MacOSX maps HTTP status codes to Unix error codes (it's
> a filesystem mapper). Unix distinguishes between "no space left on
> device" and "quota exceeded". The protocol should allow the client to
> distinguish both cases.

I disagree.  The chances that a single system has both apply in a
meaningful way, and that the client needs to do both, and that the
client has a way to display both, are pretty small.  The same mechanism
can handle either case but not both at once.

Lisa