Re: Call for consensus on UNLOCK Request-URI being lock root

You cannot create a new exclusive write lock rooted at the indirectly
locked resource, because that would violate the requirement that a
resource can only be locked by one exclusive lock.  So the issue being
discussed is just whether or not the refresh of the lock has to be
applied to the URL of the root of the lock, or whether it can be applied
to the URL of an indirectly locked resource and then be automatically
redirected by the server to the URL of the root of the lock.