Re: Call for consensus on UNLOCK Request-URI being lock root

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2004AprJun/0191.html>,
> but that is about URLs in tagged "If" headers (where I found that
> servers do not seem to care).
>
> Right now I'm saying...
>
> "4.2.3.1 DAV:locks-refreshed postcondition
>
> Timers associated with the those locks submitted in the "If" request
> header whose lock root is the resource identified by the Request-URI
> MUST be reset to their original value (or alternatively to the new value
> given in the "Timeout" request header)."
>
> .basically because it seems nobody asked that question before.
> Assuming we'd find out that servers do not care for LOCK/refresh either,
> would we want to relax the spec text?

I'd relax the server side to accept refresh requests at any resource in
the scope of the lock.   Unless given a reason though, I'd still encourage
servers to send the refresh requests to the root of the lock.

J.