Re (2): Where is an example of using webdav seamlessly...and version files?

Charlie Smith wrote:
> Is there available anywhere an open source example of using webdav to retrieve
> files through a browser and seemlessly work with them using a client
> application - word perfect or ms word.  Then, be able to save these files with
> same type of interface one would experience as if saving to local disk?
Here I want to repeat my question again.
Suppose I edit a WebDAV file with my application.
- Now I want to save it. In a "normal" application I have "save" and "save as".
- With a WebDAV file I guess I have "save local", "save on server", "save local as"
  and "save on server as".
- I think "save local as" doesn't make that much sense and can be dropped.
- This leaves me with three choices. One should be default and be called save.
- So my idea is to have "save", "save WebDAV" and "save WebDAV as" which means
  a simple "save" means saving local. This could be fine for people with a slow
  server connection.
So do you think this sounds right for a user ?
Would you prefer other names or choices for saving ?
I know this isn't something the spec should say but nevertheless it would be nice
if users would have similar menu items for saving in their upcoming WebDAV empowered
applications.
BTW for versioning I have at the moment in a directory window the following
menu items and subitems:
- Version Do
  - Checkin  (Which does a VERSION-CONTROL, BASELINE-CONTROL or CHECKIN depending
    on it's target)
  - Uncheckout
  - Checkout
  - Update
- Version Report
  - Version (For a resource or a configuration)
  - History (For a resource or a configuration)
  - Baseline Compare
Naturally most of these points also can be added to an editor menu. Also there
could be one versioning menu.

Cheers, Edgar