RE: Where an open source example of webdav to seamlessly access and version files?

Adobe has a different approach in its client software, which is
WebDAV-aware.  The "Save" and "Save as" operations prompt the user
to save locally.  It's the operations for sharing with a workgroup
that "publish" the document to a WebDAV repository.  This is key
for ease of working with large documents like Photoshop files :)

lisa