Re: locking clarifications/extensions vs BIND draft vs RFC2518bis

I agree with Julian.  Implementing locking properly is not a trivial
task, and there will always be fine-grained resources for which locking
is not appropriate on a server that supports locking.  Interoperable
clients need to understand that locking may not be provided on all
servers, or on all resources on a server.