Re: redirect references protocol: automatic update

Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:
> One possibility is to have an additional argument to MKREDIRECTREF,
> e.g. DAV:stable, that means that the client forbids the server from
> auto-updating the reference.  A client that doesn't care would leave
> off this parameter, and the server would do what it wanted, while a
> client that cared would specify this parameter, and a server that doesn't
> support stable redirectref's would fail the request.

Yep.

The thing I'm currently unsure about is how to model the different
properties of a link (stability, response status). Several approaches
come to mind:

1) different resource types (redirect-301, redirect-302, ...)

2) one resource type with extension elements, such as

   <redirect-ref><status301/><stable/></redirect-ref>

3) one simple resource type with the remaining information moved into
separate properties (like it was proposed for the status).

Regards, Julian