Re: Call for consensus on UNLOCK Request-URI being lock root

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> This would overturn a consensus that had previously been determined at
> a WG meeting that happened together with an interoperability meeting,
> and the consensus was not challenged on the mailing list at that time.

Procedural comment: we have the RFC2518 issues list to capture issues
and their resolutions. If the issues list records a *different*
consensus than then one you were basing your edits on RFC2518bis on,
this is a problem. So it's really essential that if consensus indeed
*changes* at some point of time, this is explicitly
announced/discussed/reviewed here, and  the issues list indeed gets
updated accordingly.

That being said, I really don't care a lot about what way we go.
However, disallowing a behaviour that current servers currently *do*
allow seems to a bit dangerous. We will at least need to convince
ourselves that making that change doesn't break any existing clients.

Best regards, Julian